PhD, Leading Researcher
Tel.: +7 3532 774432
Ksenia Myachina graduated from the Gubkin Russian State University of Oil and Gas in 2002. She was qualified as “Engineer for environmental protection and sustainable use of natural resources”. Since 2002 Ksenia Myachina is the fellow of the Institute of Steppe of the Ural Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences.
In 2007 she received a PhD degree in geoecological sciences. The title of her thesis is “Geoecological consequences caused by oil-and-gas production in Orenburg region”.
During 2009-2011 K. Myachina combined her scientific work with teaching at the Department of Natural Sciences of the Moscow Technological University. She taught graduate students in "Earth Science", "Physical factors of the environment", "Bio-ecology", "General Ecology", "Economic Geography".
Ksenia Myachina has deserved a number of personal scholarships and prizes, including the Diploma and the grant of Presidium of the Ural Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences, three Governor's Awards, the Governor's Scholarship, Diplomain competition "Environmental Technology", etc. Her scientific activity was also acknowledged by special certificates of the Presidium of Ural Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences.
Steppe landscapes, Land use and land cover changes caused by oil and gas production, Technogenic geosystems of oil and gas fields, Processing and Interpretation of Remote sensing data, Sustainable land use.
ARTICLES IN ENGLISH
· Myachina K.V., Chibilev A.A. Analysis of Thermal Pollution of Volga–Uralian Steppe Landscapes Caused by Exploitation of Oil Deposits // Doklady Earth Sciences. 2020, 492 (1), 366-369. DOI 10.1134/S1028334X20050165 http://link.springer.com/article/10.1134/S1028334X20050165
· Myachina K.V., Ryabuha A.G. Trends of disturbance of Volga-Ural steppe landscapes in oil-and-gas production and approaches to land use optimisation solutions // IOP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science, 2019. Т. 381, 012066. doi:10.1088/1755-1315/381/1/012066
· Ksenya V. Mjachina, Chris W. Baynard, Alexander A. Chibilyev, Robert D. Richardson. Landscape disturbance caused by non-renewable energy production in a semi-arid region: a case study on the Russian steppe / International Journal of Sustainable Development and World Ecology. 2018. 1-13. https://doi.org/10.1080/13504509.2018.1434569 DOWNLOAD: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QC2wXXVetO7acNIgpaUZH2KI5GsA_m9t/view?usp=sharing
· Ksenya Mjachina, Zhiyong Hu, Alexander Chibilyev. Detection of damaged areas caused by the oil extraction in a steppe region using winter Landsat imagery / J. Appl. Remote Sens. 12 (1), 2018. http://dx.doi.org/10.1117/1.JRS.12.016017 DOWNLOAD: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AV4NerG03x4bIcDE5PfyJU7qPwC1gBPh/view?usp=sharing
· Myachina, K.V., Chibilev, A.A. & Dubrovskaya, S.A. Steppe Landscapes of the Ural-Volga Region in Response to oil and gas Production: Evaluation and Minimization of Direct Geoecological Aftereffects // Dokl. Earth Sc. (2017): Vol. 474 (2), Pp. 709-712. doi:10.1134/S1028334X17060228. http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s00267-017-0846-z DOWNLOAD: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5DX23AHXU_MWWJxQ01ZMVNJeHM/view?usp=sharing
· Baynard, C.W., Mjachina, K., Richardson, R.D., Schupp, R.W., Lambert, J.D., & Chibilyev, A.A. Energy Development in Colorado’s Pawnee National Grasslands: Mapping and Measuring the Disturbance Footprint of Renewables and Non-Renewables // Environmental Management. 2017. Vol. 56, No 14. Pp. 1-22. DOWNLOAD: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5DX23AHXU_MOWRXNHJ5TUstalE/view?usp=sharing
· Myachina K.V., Chibilev A.A. Use of satellite data to identify steppe lands of the Orenburg Trans-Volga Region disturbed by oil development // Geography and Natural Resources. 2015, Volume 36,Issue 4, pp. 383-388.
· Mjachina Ksenya V., Baynard Chris W., Chibilyev Alexandr A. Oil and gas development in the Orenburg region of the Volga–Ural steppe zone: qualifying and quantifying disturbance regimes // International Journal of Sustainable Development and World Ecology. 2014. Volume 21, Issue2. pp. 111-126. http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/13504509.2013.867908 https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5DX23AHXU_MZ01rSHBsRTFnWk0/view?usp=sharing
· Baynard Chris, Mjachina Ksenya, Richardson Robert, Chibilyev Alexander. Assessing landscape disturbance and the ecological situation of energy development in the U.S. and Russia // International Environmental Technology. 2016, Volume 26, Issue 1, pp 44-46. DOWNLOAD: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5DX23AHXU_MOWRXNHJ5TUstalE/view?usp=sharing